This easy Roasted Tomato Salsa can be on your table in 15 minutes with a handful of simple ingredients and is perfect to enjoy with chips, tacos, salads and more.
Fresh salsa used to make a regular appearance on my grocery list, however lately I have been making this Roasted Tomato Salsa at home instead!
If you have a garden producing fresh tomatoes, yours will be even better. You can enjoy this salsa straight away, still warm or your can transfer it to a jar and keep in the refrigerator. It’s a big hit for the adults and kids in our family.
Reasons why you’ll want to make this over and over:
- It’s SO easy! Literally you are cutting tomato and onions in chunks, tossing on garlic cloves and peppers and placing on a baking tray to roast, then processing for a few seconds and bam! Restaurant style salsa in your hands in no time!
- It’s versatile! You will not only want to enjoy this with chips, on tacos, chalupas, eggs, slow cooker chicken, basically any Mexican food dish. It would be great spooned over a taco salad too!
- It’s uses simple healthy ingredients! You only need a handful or things from the produce department, plus some staples like olive oil, salt and pepper to make this yummy salsa!
What you’ll need to make Roasted Tomato Salsa:
- Vine-ripe tomatoes (any large variety is best, but you could also use something smaller like Roma tomatoes)
- Onion (white or yellow is best)
- Fresh garlic
- A few staples like salt, pepper, cumin, olive oil and lime juice
- Some heat like Serrano peppers (jalapeños would work too)
Tips on making Roasted Tomato Salsa:
- You will want to get that blackened char on some of your veggies so that it gives your salsa that yummy smoky flavor. The peels will be loose from the tomatoes and peppers but just transfer to the food processor, everything except the garlic peels (and those will come right off).
- This makes a good amount of salsa so you will want to use your full size food processor as opposed to a mini one.
- It takes less than 10 seconds to process, but once the majority of the chunks are gone you an stop to taste and adjust seasonings. Then bust out the chips because it is super yummy warm!
- You do you! Want more salt, lime, cilantro or heat? Add more to your liking and process again. We like it spicy!
What to serve with this Roasted Tomato Salsa:
It keeps for about a week to a week and a half in the refrigerator in tightly sealed jar. Enjoy!